USCIS Certified Translations

July 15, 2013

What’s required for immigration and USCIS certified translations?

USCIS Certified Translation Requirements


As comprehensive immigration reform becomes more of a potential reality in the United States, a question INGCO International frequently answers is what is required for United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) certified translations.

Any document that contains foreign language must be accompanied by a complete English language translation.* All documents that are submitted with an immigration application or petition must include a complete translation into English. The translation must also include the translator’s certification and your translator must provide you with a Certificate of Accuracy or the translation will not be valid.

Working with a professional translation provider ensures that the translation is accurate but it also ensures you that your application or petition will not be sent back because you did not follow procedure. A professional translator is certified to translate from one language to another and is prepared to translate your immigration documents. A certified translator will also provide you with a Notarized Certificate of Accuracy so that USCIS officials do not deny your request based on the translation regulations.

It is important to make sure you are always using an acceptable document for your immigration procedure; a summary of a document prepared by a translator is never acceptable and may cause your application or petition to be denied. A translator can only translate your document from one language to another and if she is a competent translator, she can prepare a Certified Certificate of Accuracy.

 Types of Documents:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Certificate
  • Death Certificate
  • Medical Records
  • Support Letters


INGCO International provides notarized Certificates of Accuracy for all documents translated for USCIS purposes. Click here for more information.


Contact us now for a free quote.

A notarized Certificate of Accuracy prepared by a certified translator is required for foreign language documents for USCIS proceedings.

* 76 FR 53764

 Note: This blog is for informational purposes only regarding translations and is not meant to serve as legal guidance or counsel. Always consult with a licensed attorney for legal assistance.