A 7-Step Guide to Website Localization
As a consumer or business representative wanting more information about a brand, what is the first thing you do? You look it up on the internet.
So, when expanding into new markets around the world, companies must carefully consider everything from copyrighting to compliance. On top of that, they must ensure their website is properly tailored to the target audience. And that’s what website localization is all about.
Website localization is so much more than just translating text. It’s the process of adapting an existing website, making it culturally suitable, accessible, and usable to the target audience.
And, if you want your global launch to be a success, you need to do it right the first time. That’s when professional language service providers, like INGCO International, come in handy.
Seven Steps for Localization Projects
Our team of WordologistsSM at INGCO International follows seven essential steps for every website localization project. Want to know more? Keep reading!
- Understanding your company’s requirements: We’ll meet to discuss your company’s website localization needs, including the languages involved, the target audience, and any specific cultural considerations depending on the geographical area and primary demographics associated. This will help determine the scope of the project and a plan for execution.
- Planning for the localization process: An outline will specify the steps involved in the upcoming localization project, including content access, integration, extraction, translation, localization engineering, and quality assurance. We’ll also detail the tools and technologies used for each step.
- Content extraction: We will utilize tools such as connectors, integrators, website crawlers, and content management systems to extract the text and other multimedia content from your website. If your website’s back-end system requires integration, we will collaborate with your web developers or IT team to configure and set up the necessary components, ensuring that all features are thoroughly tested. Once the content has been extracted, we will proceed to send it for translation.
- Translation: We’ll translate the content into the target languages using qualified translators who are native speakers of the target audiences and have experience in website localization. Our team will also use a translation memory tool to ensure consistency and accuracy throughout your content.
- Localization engineering: This ensures that the website is adapted to the linguistic and cultural context of the target languages. This may involve changes to layout, graphics, measurements units, multimedia content, etc.
- Quality assurance: Our team performs a thorough in-context review of the localized website to ensure accuracy, consistency, and functionality across all languages and platforms. We’ll verify the website for language, formatting, and layout issues before delivery.
- Delivery: Our team delivers the localized website in the desired format, such as HTML, XML, or other web formats, depending on how we and our clients choose to proceed.
For a more detailed version of these steps to website localization, check out INGCO International’s 7-Step Guide to Website Localization.
Ready to learn more about how INGCO International can help with your website localization project? Get in touch with our team of WordologistsSM today.