Karen Interpreter (Independent Contractor)
INGCO International has grown successfully over the past 17 years, and we seek a skilled and professional Karen interpreter to join our team of independent contractors. As a Karen interpreter, you will facilitate effective communication between our organization and Karen-speaking LEPs. A self-starter and an accountable work ethic will serve well in this role.
- Native fluency in English and Karen
- Knowledge of medical interpreting
- A minimum of two years of interpreting experience is preferred.
- Comply with the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC) Code of Ethics
- A minimum of 40 Hours of interpreter training is preferred.
- Must be registered and active on the Minnesota Spoken Language Health Care Interpreter Roster
- Commitment to complete 8 hours of industry Continuing Education Units yearly.
- Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must have US citizenship or possess a valid work permit.
- Must pass a criminal background check before hiring.
- Reliable transportation and/or high-speed internet
Benefits: Flexible schedule
Job Type: Contract
Language: Karen (Required)
Work Location: In-person and/or Remote